The Jinn sent through magic has two options:
- lf he can enter the girl, then he would cause her to feel uncomfortable with any prospective husband and; thus, turn him down.
- If he cannot enter the girl, then he would use the sihr of imagination, from outside. As a result, a suitor would see the girl in an ugly image under the effect of the Jinni’s whispering, and so would the girl.
Under the effect of this sihr and under the Jinni’s whispering, a suitor, who would have initially agreed to the marriage, would decline after a few days, without any valid reason. In cases of a strong sihr, a suitor would, upon entering the house of his prospective wife, feel very uncomfortable and see darkness before him as if he were in prison, and so would never return. During the period of this sihr, the Jinn may cause the girl to experience occasional headaches.
- Occasional headaches, which persist despite medication
- Severe tightness in the chest, especially between Al-'Asr and midnight
- The patient sees the suitor in an ugly image
- Anxiety during sleep
- Occasional constant stomach-aches
- Pain in the lower part of the back